Sunday, July 15, 2007

ANCIENT GATE

Many years ago I was helping lead in early morning prayers. I began to read from Psalm 24 and was drawn into a vision. An arched stone gateway rumbled, cracked and broke through the ground in front of me. From the right a horse and rider came into view and strode toward the gate. The horse was huge and snorted with power and confidence. I could not see the rider's upper body for the brightness that surrounded Him. As horse and rider came to the gate, they turned and marched through, right toward me. In the vision I was anxious and exhilarated in the same instant. I scurried all about to find something, anything, I could put down for the rider to be able to dismount the horse. Nothing! Finally, I threw myself down so He could climb down on my back. The horse paused in front of me, scuffing the ground. I waited, but nothing happened. The horse and rider went on. I came out of the vision.Many years later, in the midst of a worship time, I was returned to that very vision. This time I didn't bow down, but looked up. The rider's face pierced me with beauty and determination. His hand reached down to me while his voice pierced me, "Will you ride with me?" I grabbed his forearm and began to swing upward... The vision ended. I became aware that years earlier, in my immature and false humility of trying to be CORRECT with the rider, I did not even look at Him. I missed that moment of visitation due to my D.P.S. (Disciple-Peter-Syndrome). That is where we run around trying to build something for Christ rather than look and listen to Him.A verse for all of this?"LIFT UP YOUR HEADS, O YOU GATES; BE LIFTED UP, YOU ANCIENT DOORS, THAT THE KING OF GLORY MAY COME IN... WHO IS HE, THIS KING OF GLORY? THE LORD ALMIGHTY - HE IS THE KING OF GLORY.
- Psalm 24: 7, 10 -

No comments: