Sunday, July 15, 2007

LET PHRASE ARIZE!

While I drove (it was rainy) to a morning prayer breakfast recently, I heard the Lord's voice say: "Now has come the day of the Equipped Saint!" The tone of voice was like Gandalf at the end of the Lord of Ring movie where he said, "Now has come the time of the King."

I was scheduled to give a devotion at the breakfast and I shared a little on that phrase. Most there seemed to be moved by the word. What I sense is that, no matter what we think, now has come the time of the equipped saint. We are now in a season of leaving immaturity and theatrical into maturity and authenticity. Function at your post with the Lord's enablement is the word of the day.

Saints, like real children, are taken care of in their youth. Saints, like real children, do NOT stay children, neither do they stay helpless or immature. Saints represent God in the earth and now has come the day of the equipped saint. We will see all manner of function released as God-Salt in the closing hours of man. God's Glory is being revealed.

Pray for the saints whose work is caring for the young, (new converts) Pray for the saints whose work it is to participate in the maturing, (making disciples). Pray for the saints whose work is seeing to it that God's children are released to work. (the Fathers) Pray for the saints whose work is to lay down their very lives for Father's love. May He grant us eyes to see AND hearts to walk out His own saltiness.

The verse the Lord reminded me of is:

"The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught." (Isa. 50:4)

No comments: